Collective Shift Pty Ltd is an Australian research platform designed to help investors understand and navigate the world of cryptocurrency through community, research and education.
We produce a range of free and subscription-based content (Content). This Content may be published by us, our people, or guest contributors on our website, private Facebook group or “Collective Shift” member-only platform, or distributed via email or different social media forums including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Content may be in the form of articles, reports, blogs, newsletters, videos, learning modules or social media posts. All Content is produced in line with our investment rules and we encourage you to read them.
Please be aware that all Content (including the investment rules) is factual information only and is prepared for your interest and convenience only. The Content does not take into account any of your personal objectives, circumstances or needs and does not constitute financial advice.
There are lots of different investments out there, some of which are financial products and others not. Choosing an investment is an important decision and, before making any investment decision, you should always:
- Conduct your own research;
- Never invest more than you are willing to lose;
- Make sure you understand the investment including its features, how it works and costs;
- Obtain independent legal, financial, taxation and/or other professional advice; and
- If an investment is a financial product, make sure you always read the product disclosure statement and/or product terms (as applicable).
Collective Shift, its people, and guest contributors and are not liable to you, or any other party, for your use of, or reliance on, any Content.
Before investing in cryptocurrency, you should always:
- Conduct your own research;
- Read the whitepaper and / or any relevant information about the cryptocurrency;
- Make sure you understand how the cryptocurrency works and any risks associated with it;
- Make sure you have a digital wallet or an account with an exchange that enables you to buy, sell and hold cryptocurrency;
- Consider obtaining financial, investment or professional advice;
- Consider how a cryptocurrency investment fits into your broader investment portfolio strategy and holdings;
- Consider your investment timeframe and its alignment with the cryptocurrency market; and
- Consider the performance of the cryptocurrency over time and other market indicators.
Cryptocurrency is still relatively novel and it is statistically possible that many will fail. Most cryptocurrencies are unregulated, but there are some that are regulated as financial products in Australia. MoneySmart and ASIC have some useful information about this and we encourage you to visit their websites and read their content.
From time to time, Collective Shift and its people may produce content about specific cryptocurrencies, including whether market conditions favour buying, selling or holding unregulated cryptocurrencies. In preparing this content, a number of factors are taken into account, including:
- market price;
- product development roadmap;
- community sentiment;
- developer activity;
- broader economic indicators and market performance; and
- the portfolio management strategy and holdings of key people at Collective Shift.
Importantly, people at Collective Shift may have taken profits or purchased different cryptocurrencies at various points in time. These decisions are personal and reflect their individual portfolio management strategy and holdings, which may or may not be consistent with your own. There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to cryptocurrency investing and it is important that you develop your own strategy and actively manage your portfolio. Our content may help you with this but is not a substitute for your own research, due diligence and monitoring.
In general, the more cryptocurrencies you hold, the more time and effort you must spend managing security as well as your exchange and wallet accounts. You should not invest or trade cryptocurrencies until you have researched and are confident that you are well across the features, risks and market opportunities. Please spend time educating yourself to avoid losing your money or being scammed.