Following the monumental growth of NFTs in 2021, more NFT funds and collector DAOs are launching. Below is a list of publicly known NFT funds and collector DAOs. (The list will be updated intermittently.)
Investors can track these funds and DAOs to generate insights on:
- sentiment over a given NFT collection;
- the maturity of a given NFT sector (e.g. music, photography, on-chain art); and
- the amount of capital that will soon enter the NFT market.
Unsurprisingly, most NFT funds and collector DAOs invest in blue-chip NFTs. As more of them launch, increased demand will presumably drive blue-chip NFTs’ floor prices higher, and trickle-down benefits may flow to lower-priced NFTs.
Related: What Are Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)?
As of Oct. 17, 2022, the below tables consist of 26 NFT investment funds and 15 collector DAOs.
NFT Investment Funds
|DAO||Notes & Links|
|Flamingo||• Estimated portfolio value exceeded $1B in Feb. 2022|
Website / Twitter / 0xcf…c0f0
|NEON DAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
Website / Twitter / 0x9d…95a0
|Fingerprints DAO||• Focus: Smart contracts used as art|
Website / Twitter / 0xbC…C76B
|Poseidon NFT DAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
Website / Twitter / 0xbE…9f00
|ReidarDAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
Linktree / Twitter / 0x8e…6c77
|Arts DAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
• Representing the “largest Web3 community in the Middle East.”
Website / Twitter / 0xA1…eEA8
|PalmDAO||• An NFT treasury within Nifty Island|
Website / Twitter / 0xE4…4fe0
|NoiseDAO||• Focus: Music NFTs|
Website / Twitter / 0xd7…32bf
|RAW DAO||• Focus: Photography NFTs|
Website / Twitter / 0xF9…7A10
|GrailersDAO||• Focus: Generative art and Art Blocks NFTs|
Website / Twitter / 0x63…1E38
|UpsideD∀O||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
• “Europe’s leading Web3 investment DAO.”
Twitter / 0xf4…AE13 / 0xbe…E541
|Mutant Cats DAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
Website / Twitter / 0xb2…e606
|The Collective DAO||• No focus on a specific NFT category|
Website / Twitter / 0x3e…c837
|Davinci DAO||• Collector and investment DAO on Solana|
Website / Twitter
|Le DAO||• On-chain art DAO on Solana|
Website / Twitter
Other Alternative Sources of Demand for Blue-Chip NFTs
There are also several DAOs that, among other things, accumulate NFTs from a given collection. Some examples:
- SquiggleDAO owns 275 Squiggles. (Etherscan)
- Monster DAO collects works by Des Lucréce. (Etherscan)
- Proofer DAO collects NFTs tied to the PROOF ecosystem. Owns 4 PROOF Collective NFTs, 5 Grails and 17 Moonbirds. (Etherscan)
- ProofGrails DAO collects Grails. Owns 20 Grails. (Etherscan)
- SharkDAO collects Nouns. Owns 6 Nouns. (Etherscan)
- Floorbirds DAO collects Moonbirds. Owns 1 Moonbird. (Etherscan)
- PunksDedDAO collects floor Punks, agnostic of traits and rarity. Owns 2 Punks as well as 2 Moonbirds. (Etherscan)
Additionally, with NFTs and DeFi converging, alternative sources for blue-chip NFTs are growing. An example here is FloorDAO, where $gFLOOR holders intermittently vote on which NFT collection to sweep and add to the treasury. (See Nathan’s member post (Mar. 26, 2022) to learn about FloorDAO.)
Lastly, non-crypto-native companies and organisations have started buying NFTs over the past 2 years. Some examples:
- Visa bought a CryptoPunk in Aug. 2021.
- adidas Originals bought Bored Ape #8774 (aka Indigo Herz) and is using it for branding.
- KPMG Canada bought a World of Women NFT in Feb. 2022.
- Twitter went on a buying spree in January 2022—albeit, it bought no blue-chip NFTs.
- AriZona Iced Tea amassed a sizable NFT collection, including a Bored Ape.
- New Zealand Rugby Commercial bought 33 World of Women Galaxy NFTs in Oct. 2022.
Want to know more about NFT investing? Watch Matt and Nathan’s NFT investing workshop and Q&A.